Spartanburg School District Six provides an artistically gifted and talented program, Art Visions. These students have demonstrated exceptional ability and commitment to Visual Art. The Visions classes present a challenging curriculum to meet the needs of these students.
Spartanburg School District Six will accept nominations for the Visions Artistically and Musically Gifted and Talented Program from October 30th-November 10th (Art Visions-Grades 2-8). Students may be nominated by parents, teachers, staff members or self-nominated. Nomination forms are available in the school office and must be returned by November 10, 2017. Parents can access information about the Visions program in the student/parent handbook, on the district website, and/or in school and classroom newsletters.
Artistically gifted/talented students usually possess several of the following traits:
- Bottom of Form
- High quality of work and task commitment in one of the arts
- Arts involvement and interest either in class or on their own.
- Willingness to explore arts problems
- Flexible thinking, uses many approaches to solving a problem
- Creative potential
- Goes beyond the obvious, sees unusual relationships
- Thinks of doing projects in his/her spare time
- Examines and observes things very thoroughly
- Likes to elaborate on an idea or add details
- Takes work seriously and completes it